Different accommodation options exists in most of the state-owned Namibian conservation areas like Game Parks, Recreation Areas and National Parks.
These establishments are except for very few cases run by the state-owned company Namibia Wildlife Resorts (NWR). The few exceptions – mostly camping sites – are directly maintained by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET). In recent years a few establishments in parks where privatized for up to 25 years (e.g. Sun Karros @ Daan Viljoen Game Park).
- ǀAi-ǀAis Hot Springs & Hunsberge: ǀAi-ǀAis Hot Springs Spa (NWR), Hobas (NWR)
- Bwabwata National Park: diverse private accommodation
- Cape Cross Seal Reserve: Cape Cross Lodge (private)
- Dorob National Park: diverse private accommodation as well as Jakkalsputz, Mile 72, Mile 108 (all Tungeni)
- Daan Viljoen Game Park: Sun Karros (private)
- Etosha National Park: Onkoshi, Namutoni, Halali, Okaukuejo, Olifantsrus, Dolomite (all NWR)
- Groß Barmen Hot Springs: Groß Barmen Hot Springs Spa (NWR)
- Hardap Recreation Area: Hardap Spa (NWR)
- Khaudum National Park: Sikeretti, Khaudum (MET)
- Mamili (Nkasa Lupala) National Park: Nkasa Lupala Lodge (private)
- Mangetti National Park: none
- Mudumu National Park: diverse private accommodation
- Namib Naukluft Park: Sossus Dune Lodge, Sesriem (all NWR), Naukluft (NWR and Sun Karros), Vogelfeldberg, Blutkuppe, Groß-Tinkas, Ganab, Mirabib, Homeb (all MET)
- Naute Recreation Area: none
- Popa Game Park: Popa Falls Lodge (NWR)
- Skeleton Coast Park: Terrace Bay, Torray Bay (NWR)
- South West Nature Reserve – Botanical Garden: none
- Tsau ǁKhaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park: none
- Von Bach Recreation Area: Von Bach Dam Resort (private)
- Waterberg Plateau Park: Waterberg (NWR)
Outside the main conservation areas NWR has the following accommodation establishments:
- Khorixas Lodge in Damaraland
- Shark Island in Lüderitz
- Duwisib at Duwisib Castle
Contact Details for Direct Bookings
Namibia Wildlife Resorts (NWR)
Tel: +264 61 285 7200
Fax: +264 61 224 900
Independence Avenue, Windhoek
Online Booking form
Note: It is not possible to reserve any camp sites of MET upfront.
- Namibia Wildlife Resorts
- Ministry of Environment and Tourism
- Cape Cross Lodge
- Sun Karros @ Daan Viljoen
- Nkasa Lupala Lodge
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Update 2017: Khaudum Campsite renovated and open (compulsory booking; N$300 pP + N$100 car). Sikeretti Campsite not maintained an N$ 100 pP
Khaudum National Park is one of the most remote areas in Namibia. Consequently, special rules apply, irrespective of the fact that they are hardly every checked by the national park’s staff.
- Only 4×4 vehicles
- Minimum two vehicles travelling together at all times
- Minimum 100 litres per vehicle of water and 3 days of food per person
- No collection of firewood
- Only one trailer per two vehicles/group of vehicles
- No pets
Camping is only allowed at the two designated camp sites Sikeretti and Khaudum. No infrastructure whatsoever is offered.
The camps will upgraded until 2014 or 2015!